Jean Gorin

Born in Saint-Emilien-de-Blain in 1899, Jean Gorin studied in Paris and came into contact immediately with the greatest exponents of European avant-garde artists. His first exhibition took place in 1928 with the “S.T.U.C.A.” in Lille. There followed other associations and other exhibitions with groups such as “Cercle et Carré”, “L'Etrave”, “Renaissance Plastique," which later became “Réalistés Nouvelles." The first one-man show took place in 1957 at the Galerie Colette Allendy in Paris. 
There followed many other exhibitions in important museums and private spaces which contributed greatly to his fame and made his work internationally known. Among them are: Musée des Beaux-Arts, Nantes 1965; Kazimir Gallery, Chicago 1966; Stedelijk Museum, Amsterdam 1967; Centre National d'Art Contemporain, Paris, 1969; Galerie Denise René, Paris 1974; and Musée des Beaux-Arts, Nantes 1977. 
Some of Jean Gorin's works had been previously exhibited at the Galleria Lorenzelli in Milan, in his one-man exhibit of 1975, in a collective show of the same year, and at the Lorenzelli Arte Gallery on the occasion of two collective exhibits in 1995 and May 2003.